Happy Fall! The Inn Town Campground had a great September, with lots of happy campers, great events (hello An Honest Pie food truck!) and we celebrated our 3 month birthday with a campground full of women mountain bikers.
Now, we’re looking forward to the fall colors and excited about the cooler temps and a few more nights of camping. Just a friendly reminder the Inn Town Campground is open year round, our glamping tents are available through November. We’ve added electric mattress pads to the glamping tents to help warm you up, and our fireplace in the living room in the Commons is a cozy place to hang out inside.
Since autumn in Nevada City is still warm and beautiful, we’re not ready to pack up our tents, and hopefully you’re not ready either. That also means we have some fun events lined up and some goodies the make cool autumn nights full of fun:
- Come join the Folk Trails Hiking Club Fall Nevada City hike on Saturday (10/8) morning, 9am.
- Our outdoor movie screenings will continue for campers on Friday & Saturday nights, weather permitting.
- Our artisan marshmallows are getting rave reviews, if you’re looking for a new s’mores experience we’re excited to add some fall flavored marshmallows from The Rustic Puff (look for Pumpkin Spice Latte and Pumpkin s’mores this month, in addition to the Chocolate Truffle, Cinnamon Sugar and my favorite– Toasted Coconut). You can rent an individual gas fire pit from the Camp Store or hang out at one of our communal fire pits by the BBQs.
Here’s what’s planned for October & November:
- Fall Colors Special! – Book 3 midweek nights and only pay for 2! Valid for Sun-Thurs. nights. Book online now until the end of October.
- Folks Trails Hiking Club fall colors hike, Saturday, October 8th.
- The Center for the Arts Open Studio Tours, October 8th & 9th and October 15th & 16th.
- Pumpkin Patch fun (check out either McCourtney Road Pumpkins or Bierwagen’s Farm in October).
- South Yuba State Park Bridgeport Fall Festival
- Halloween Weekend – Fun, festive and not too spooky. Join us for the weekend of Oct. 28th & 29th. We’ll have decorations, trick-or-treating and family friendly movies that bring out the ghoul in everyone. Or head in to town and check out the Miners Foundry’s Fright Night or stay through Halloween night and check out the scene in downtown Nevada City with all the trick-or-treaters. (We might have the inside scoop on the downtown Nevada City haunted house).
The Inn Town Campground was mentioned in San Jose Mercury News, Dog Trekker and Alaska Airlines magazine. We updated our videos page, check out a tour of the campground by CampgroundViews.com. We have really appreciated getting great feedback from campers, both in person, on social media and on various review sites.
“We had a lovely stay Saturday and Sunday nights after the Celtic Festival – thanks so much! The bed warmer was a Christmas miracle after cold evenings at the fairgrounds,” wrote Jennifer from Auburn.
“We utilized almost everything the campground had to offer. We played foos ball, board games, went into town and did a small hike per the recommendation from the front staff, bought pie from An Honest Pie for dinner and watched Ghostbusters in the outdoor movie threatre. Ohhh and posted photos via their free wifi to Instagram. Sat in front of the gas fire pits and toasts our smores. It was seriously summer camp for adults and absolutely LOVED it,” thanks Brenda for the great TripAdvisor review.
Thanks Dirk for your Google review, “Wow! What a gem of a campground. Beautiful camping under the trees. Super friendly and helpful staff (at least two are vintage trailer restorers). Really, REALLY clean bathrooms and showers.”
And to help kick off the fall camping season we’ve got a little giveaway to say thanks to all our fans (near and far– we can mail the prize, if you don’t live in Nevada City). We’ve got a beanie and one of our fun Whatever mugs and a $55 gift certificate to camping at the Inn Town Campground, post a comment here (and for a second chance over on our Instagram feed) about fall camping and we’ll announce the winner on Monday, October 10th. **Edited to say that the winner is Elena.