You may check-in to your Glamping Tent, RV or tent site any time after 3 pm. Check out is at 11am.
Can I request an early check-in?
Sorry, no. Please keep in mind that we use the time between check-in and check-out to check camp sites and do facility maintenance and cleaning.
What do I do if I’m a late arrival?
We do not accept walk in reservations after 8pm. If you plan to arrive after our office closes, we highly recommend making a booking. If you have an existing reservation, please follow these instructions:
- Please try to arrive by 10pm to avoid disrupting sleeping campers. Our quiet time starts at 9pm, so please setup camp quietly and minimize bright lights.
- Please communicate with the camp store before closure and we’ll happily set you up for a late arrival.
Can I request a late check out?
Check out is at 11am if you would like to stay later then 11am we offer a half day rate for tent sites only (1/2 price of a regular site allows you to stay till 6pm). Please ask us for availability before check out time.
Can I book a campsite for my family reunion in 18 months?
The Inn Town Campground is currently accepting reservations 12 months in advance, so please check back with us in 6 months.
Can I reserve The Commons for my family’s gathering?
The living room, kitchen and dining area in our main building are for all of our guests, so unfortunately we do not reserve them for any private functions. We also remind campers that the campground facilities are for registered campers only, so please do not organize a family reunion gathering at the Inn Town Campground that includes outside guests.
Do you have any Group Discounts? Military Discounts? Are you a member of the Good Sam Club
The Inn Town Campground is not a member of the Good Sam Club or any of the other franchise campground associations. We are currently not offering any discounts, but we recommend you subscribe to our blog for seasonal discounts and specials.
Is there a group camp site?
Not at this time. We recommend that you book multiple tent sites next to each other if you’re coming with multiple parties, but please note that we do have quiet hours at the Inn Town Campground, so for larger groups, please be aware that if your party can be heard from another camp site it is too loud.
We are celebrating a birthday, can we invite our local friends to join us?
Unfortunately no. The occupancy rate per site is based on the overall permitted occupancy rate of the campground. We have information available about our local public parks and state parks around Nevada City. Many of them have day use picnic areas that might be a nice place for your party.
Can I do a group hold?
Yes, reservations with 5 or more campsites (tent/RV or glamping) are subject to the Inn Town Campground group booking policy as follows:
- If you wish to book more than 3 months in advance, we are happy to block sites for 15 days for individual group members to finalize their plans. Each member that books a site will be responsible for their own reservation. Those reservations will be subject to our standard individual reservation cancellation policy. After 15 days, any un-reserved sites will be released.
- Group reservations made 3 months or closer to arrival must be paid in full at time of booking. These reservations will be subject to our standard 10% cancellation fee until 30 days before arrival, at which point the reservations become non-refundable and non-changeable.
- Communal spaces cannot be reserved for exclusive use and are first-come, first-served.
- Please observe max occupancy in communal spaces and camp sites, especially the kitchen and dining area.
- Due to our use permit, group events can only be for campers, outside guests are not allowed at group functions.
We are currently reviewing our group booking policies to determine how long we can set aside a block of sites, please call us, 530 265 9900.
Helpful tips for Family Reunions
The Inn Town Campground is a great place to have a family gathering, a few helpful tips to remember:
-If you are booking multiple sites for other family members please make sure to let the office know the names and telephone numbers of all campers or one family member per site. In addition to assisting with check-in process and late arrivals, we do like to confirm the occupancy numbers of all sites.
-If you are booking on behalf of someone else, please make sure to check if they have a dog and whether that site can accommodate a dog (even numbered Glamping Tents do not allow dogs).
-If you are gathering together for a meal, please be mindful of other campers, we encourage you to gather at one of the communal locations.
-We have dishwashing stations available and are always trying to encourage reusable dishes, so feel free to pack real plates and cups if you want to reduce your waste and recycling.
The Inn Town Campground charges $10 for an extra car on site at the campground, regardless if you’re just there for an hour or 4. All guests must register at the camp store and you cannot exceed your site occupancy.
Click here to access our online availability.
- Please select the number of campers in your party, by adjusting the number of Adults and Children (ages 4+) in the boxes following your Arrival and Departure dates. Additional information like an extra vehicle, dog or cot should also be added at the same time.
- Please select from the type of accommodation you are looking for: Glamping, RV, Tent camping, etc in the drop down menu under Guest Accommodations. If you do not choose a specific type of site, all of the sites suited for your camping party will appear.
- Select the campsite you would like to reserve by clicking the blue “Book” icon.
- You’re reservation details will appearing the upper left hand side of the reservation page under “Your Reservation.”
- You can finish booking your reservation by clicking the blue “Checkout” icon below your reservation details. (if you would like to add additional sites, follow the first 5 steps again before you click “Checkout”) Note: Make sure if you are booking multiple sites that you adjust the amount of Adults, Kids, Dogs etc. for each individual site you book.– this requires clicking “Search”)
- If you want to remove a specific site from your reservation, you can click the “x” located above the price of your reservation.
Please enter your contact details and credit card information.
Do you charge for children and extra adults?
That depends on what type of site you have.
- The cost for tent and RV sites includes a total of 4 adults, or 6 people if 2 or more are kids. For example, you can book a campsite with 1 adult and 5 children or 2 adults and 4 children– the total number of adults in the campsite is not to exceed 4 and the total number of campers, if you include children ages 4-17, is not to exceed 6 in total. Unfortunately you cannot pay extra for more people at your site. If you need to accommodate more than 6 people, please book multiple sites.
- The cost for all Queen Bed glamping tents includes 2 people. You may request a cot for up to 1 additional adult or 2 additional children (please request cots before arrival). The cost for each adult or child is $15 per night (please note that linens are not provided for the cot).
- The cost for our Family glamping tent (G-20 and G-21) includes 2 adults, or 4 people if 2 or more is a child. You may add 1 cot for an additional child for $15 per night (please note that linens are not provided for the cot). For example, you can book the Family tent with 1 adult and 3 children or 2 adults and 2 children. You can also book with 2 adults and 3 children for an extra $15 per night for the extra child. You cannot book the Family tent for 4 adults or for 2 adults and 4 children.
- All sites are subject to an additional nightly fee for extra vehicles.
- Please review our Guest Policy to understand who can visit your site, when and what fees are associated with guests.
Do you charge my card when I book?
Yes, all reservations are paid in full at the time of booking.
Do you offer long term stay?
We have a 14 day limit during a 30 day window.
Are you open year round?
Yes. The glamping tents will be closed in the winter months, but tent and RV sites are available all year.
Do you allow dogs?
Yes, the Inn Town Campground is dog friendly. We allow dogs in all tent and RV sites for an additional $5/per dog per night. Glamping Tents welcome dogs for an additional $20/per dog per night. Please note that we do not allow dogs in The Commons or bathrooms or the Family Yurt.
Can I buy a gift certificate?
Yes, click here to buy one online.
Please give us a call (530-265-9900) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind the Inn Town Campground’s cancellation policy:
• All reservations are subject to a 10% cancellation fee from the time of booking until the cancellation window closes, at which time the reservation becomes non-refundable and non-changeable. This policy also applies to cancellations for weather and smoke. We highly recommend travel insurance if your plans may not work with this policy.
•If you need to change a reservation please contact us directly, please note that there are no changes within the cancellation windows.
• All Reservations become non-refundable and non-changeable if not cancelled / changed as follows:
• RV & Tent sites: Memorial Day through Labor Day – by 3 PM seven days prior to scheduled arrival, All other times – by 3 PM three days prior to arrival.
• Glamping: Year-round – by 3 PM seven days prior to scheduled arrival.
• The following holidays have a seven day cancellation window for all accommodations: Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day weekends.
If you have a Friday arrival and you need to cancel 7 days prior, you need to let us know by 3pm the previous Friday. If you are camping with us in the off season and have a tent site with a 72 hour cancellation, you Friday reservation needs to be cancelled by 3pm on Tuesday afternoon to be eligible for a refund.
• All Gift Certificate sales are non-refundable
Which tent can I bring my dog?
Yes, all glamping tents are dog friendly for an additional $20/per dog per night. Please note that the Family Yurt does not allow dogs.
Which tents can accommodate a family?
G20, G21 and Sweetwater Tent are our family tents. The Family Yurt also has a queen and two twin beds.
Do the Glamping Tents have bathrooms?
No, the Glamping Tents include: a bed, linens, bed side tables, towels, electricity, fan, heated mattress pads and outdoor seating. The bathroom blocks are a short distance from the Glamping Tents. Please see the campground map for specific locations.
Can I cook in my glamping tent?
No, all camp stoves will have to be outside. Please note that this also includes the gas fire pits available for rent from the campground.
Can I make coffee in my tent? We brought our small coffee maker can we make it in our tent?
We ask that all food and food preparations be outside of the tent, as we are trying to keep the food and odors out of the tent. The Commons kitchen has 2 communal coffee makers for campers to use between 7:30am and 9pm.
Is there a parking spot next to my glamping tent?
The parking area for G2-12 is a short walk from your car to the tent, with space for one car per tent, but not a designated parking spot. G13, G14, G15, G20 and G21 all have dedicated parking. G1 & Sweetwater Tent are located at the front of the campground and the parking at the entrance of the campground is where ask campers to park.
Do you have Cable connection at the RV sites?
No, unfortunately the service is not available in our area.
Do the RV sites allow tents?
No, we ask that you book a camp site if you are interested in tent camping as well as using your RV or travel trailer.
Do your sites have grassy areas?
No, we are in a heavily forested location and do not have any grass (but plenty of pine cones).
Do you have a dump station and what does it cost?
We do, the dump station is included in the price for RV sites. If you are tent camping we offer the dump station for an additional cost of $8. If you are not camping with us and want to use the dump station it’s $15 and available during office hours.
Can we BBQ at our site?
You are welcome to bring a propane stove, but we ask for all charcoal bbqs be used in the designated BBQ areas, not at your site.
What does walk in camp site mean?
We’ll update the exact distance when we finish building the parking spaces, but it’s not a far walk from your parking spot. Site 35 is the farthest from the road and is approximately 200 feet. Site 33 is approximately 100 feet from the parking spot.
What size tent can I fit at each site?
We recommend a 6 man tent or smaller.
How many people can I have at my site?
4 adults max, up to 6 if there are children.
Is there room if I have more than one car?
Not at all sites, but we do have overflow parking. Please note that all campsites are allowed 1 car, additional vehicles are $11/per night.
Are RV’s allowed to dry camp at campsites?
No, our camp sites are designed for tents.
Can we have campfires at our site?
Not wood burning fires, but we do rent propane fire pits.
Do you sell gift certificates?
Yes, you can buy them online or give our camp store a call and we can happily help.
Do you donate gift certificates to charity events?
Please email us with additional information for us to review.
Can I get a cash refund for a gift certificate?
No, gift certificates are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash.
Are you pet friendly?
Yes, we allow dogs in all tent, RV sites and glamping tents. The cost for dogs in the Glamping tents is $20/per dog per night. The cost for dogs in the tent and RV sites are $5/per dog per night. We happily welcome all welcome medically trained ADA service dogs, but please note that emotional support dogs must pay the dog fees. The Family Yurt is not dog friendly.
Can I leave my dog in a crate in the glamping tent?
No, we ask that campers do not leave their dogs unattended.
Can I bring my therapy dog to the campground?
The Inn Town Campground welcomes dogs in the sites listed above. Service dogs individually trained to perform a task or do work for a person with a disability are allowed without a fee. Although many of our guests have emotional support, comfort and therapy animals, they are not considered service animals by Federal or State law and are subject to the appropriate dog fees and restrictions.
Do you have Wifi?
Yes, the wifi covers most of the campsites, but not all. Please note that due to the amount of bandwidth available you may not to be able to stream at all times.
When will the pool be open?
The pool is open early May to early October, depending on the weather (it’s not heated).
Can I stay in the pool after check-out?
Unfortunately no, the campground amenities are only available while you are a registered camper. For tent campers only if you would like to stay later then 11am we offer a half day rate for tent sites only (1/2 price of a regular site allows you to stay till 6pm). Please ask us for availability before check out time.
Will all sites have a picnic table?
What does the camp store sell?
Beverages, coffee, Inn Town Campground merchandise, ice, ice cream and other goodies. We also have beer & wine available for purchase.
Do you have a public dump station?
Yes, hours vary during the year, but the cost is $15 for a trailer/motorhome and $10 for a portable tank, available 10am-4pm, 7 days a week (*subject to change depending on the season).
Do you have a lost and found?
Yes. Please note that we will hold on to lost property for up to 7 days. If you need your item returned we can arrange for your items to be mailed back, with a postage fee.
Do you have an Electric Car Charging Station?
We do not have the facilities for you to charge your electric car while camping with us.
Can I rent an RV site to charge our car?
No, the RV sites are for campers with trailers or RVs only. Our electrical system is specifically designed for the loads and equipment supplied on a RV, this is a different than the requirements of an electrical vehicle charging station.
Can I just run an extension cord from our glamping tent or the bathroom?
Unfortunately no, the plugs are not designed to put out enough power to charge your car and will result in shorting the fuse box and impacting other customers. The extension cord is also a tripping and safety hazard.
Where do you recommend we go to charge our car?
We have put together a page with local information, please click here for more local options.