“We are going with the tried and true Girl Camper camping rule – KISS – Keep It Simple Silly! Friday night everyone bring an appetizer to the gathering space and share! Campfire and fellowship afterwards. On Saturday we will explore the mining town and eat lunch on our own. On Saturday evening we will meet for cocktails and dinner in a central location and do our BYOP dinner. Bring Your Own Protein. The grill will be going and all the sides will be supplied. Bring your salmon steak, T-Bone or pork chop and grill it just as you like it. Also, BYOB!”
Sites on hold for Girl Campers till September 15th. Please RSVP to Janine’s Meet Up if you’re going to join. RV sites, glamping sites or bring your own campsites, all welcome.
Here are a few suggestions on great ways to spend a weekend in Nevada City…
- Go wine tasting at Nevada City Winery
- Take a yoga class down the street at The Yoga Dive
- Take a hike along the Deer Creek Tribute Trail
- Go check out the fall colors in town on a self guided walking tour
- Visit Empire Mine State Park
- Go vintage shopping, check out The Vintage Menagerie in downtown Grass Valley (with an amazing collection of vintage housewares) and Junk in the Trunk for your perfect vintage trailer goodies.
- Stroll through the Nevada City Farmers Market, Saturday mornings 8:30am-1pm
- Try a wood fire pizza from Three Forks Bakery & Brewery
- Sample artisans ice cream from Treats, my favorite being the Mint Chip or the Coffee, both locally made
- Sample our artisans marshmallows around the campfire