Happy Holidays from the entire Inn Town Campground crew! We had a great time hosting numerous families over the Thanksgiving week and look forward to being a home base for folks in their RVs over the Christmas holidays too. While our glamping tents are closed for December-January-February, the campground is still open, so if you’ve got an Airstream, a vintage trailer or a tear drop, or even a fancy modern RV, feel free to come visit us. The Commons is a great space to use during these shorter days. You can come inside, warm up by the fire, cook a meal in the kitchen or use the dining area to play a board game or do a puzzle. Weather permitting, we’ve got our communal wood fire on the weekends, so pick up a s’mores kit in the camp store and come hang out.
If you’re looking for some holiday gift ideas, our Gift Certificates make great stocking stuffers and we will also be at the Folk Trails Hiking Club Holiday Pop Up Shop (during Victorian Christmas) selling mugs, s’mores kits, hats and flasks, plus offering folks a chance to check out a virtual reality tour of the campground provided by Campground Views.
As with every month in Nevada City, December also has a number of events.
- Nevada City Victorian Christmas, Wednesdays: December 14th and 21st (5-9pm) and Sundays: December 11th and 18th (1:30-6pm)
- Cornish Christmas, Fridays: November 25th- December 23rd, 6-9pm
- Music in the Mountains and InConcert Sierra Holiday Concerts
- Nevada City Craft Fair, Sunday, December 11th, 10am-6pm
- Nevada County Nutcracker, December 16th-18th
- Scrooge at the historic Nevada County Theatre
- Achilles Wheel New Year’s Eve show at the Miners Foundry
- Come join the Folk Trails Hiking Club Hirschman Pond hike, Thursday, December 29th, starting at the Outside Inn, 10am-Noon.
- And don’t forget the upcoming Wild & Scenic Film Festival, January 12th-16th
We’re honored to have received Nevada City Chamber of Commerce W. Lon Cooper New Construction Award, the Engineer’s Association of Nevada County (EANC) Project of the Year award and Distinguished Service Award from the Nevada County Historical Society for our work with the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Museum on their Railbus project.
We have really appreciated getting great feedback from campers, both in person, on social media and on various review sites. Thanks to NBC Bay Area for the shout out to Wintry Camping and Red Tricycle San Francisco for including us in the write up on Victorian Christmas. While we think there are lots of great reasons to visit us in the winter months (skiing at Sugar Bowl, snowshoeing on Highway 20, Wild & Scenic Film Festival), if you want to start thinking about Spring/Summer 2017, check out this fun video by Urban Treehouse.
And if you don’t follow along the Outside Inn’s InnSide Nevada City blog, check out the end of the year Grateful Giveaway to win a night at the campground plus $3000 worth of local goodies, tickets, gift certificates and more. Winner will be announced on Christmas Day. Happy holidays campers, it’s never too early to start thinking about the next camping trip.
#VanLife photo by Kial James Photography, all others photos by Erin Thiem