Summer Camping and Kid Friendly Fun
Summer camping has arrived and the campground is buzzing with activity. Memorial Day weekend was busy, great to have so many return campers bring the kids and enjoy some time together outside. We’re super grateful to kick off the summer camping season.
We know folks are trying to plan their future trips and it’s been great to have so many community events back on the schedule this year. Here are a few of the upcoming things to plan for….
- Nevada City Farmers Market, Saturday mornings
- First Friday Art Walk, July 1st, August 5th and September 2nd
- Folk Trails Hiking Club, June 9th
- Movies Under the Pines, June 10th
- Nevada City Village Day, June 12th
- 4th of July Parade
- Nevada City Summer Nights, July 13th, 20th & 27th
- The Children’s Festival, July 15th
- California Worldfest, July 14th-17th
- Nevada County Fair, August 10th-14th
- Nevada City Film Festival, August 26th-28th
- Draft Horse Classic, September 15-18
And we’re all dreaming of our upcoming lazy days by the river. SYRCL has some great tips and suggestions for planning your next trip to the South Yuba River State Park, please be aware of cold temperatures and high flows at the beginning of the summer. You can track the water levels online, keep in mind typical summer flowers are 100 CSF.
Many of our guests are taking day trips to the South Yuba River. Our local tips and friendly reminders:
-please be cautious and aware of the many natural obstacles
-please do not park in no parking zones, or over the white line on the highway
-leave no trace and always make sure to pack out any garbage, no glass or fires
-be mindful of the poison oak
-and please don’t pick the wildflowers.
If you’re looking for more kid friendly activities this summer, click here; there are tons of great kids events and things to do in Nevada City & Grass Valley. And, if you don’t have a tent site reservation, don’t worry, the Inn Town Campground still has sites available this summer – book soon for weekends as they are filling up quickly. Or, if you’ve always wanted to try glamping, think about joining us mid-week, when we have more availability and town has a more relaxed, quiet feel. Our top 10 kid friendly activities:
- Visit Empire Mine State Historic Park
- Check out the Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Go for a hike along the Deer Creek Tribute Trail
- Visit Treats in Nevada City and try an exotic flavor of ice cream
- Movies Under the Pines organized by the Nevada City Film Festival.
- Check out the Points of Historical Interest walking tour map of Nevada City or the tree tour
- The Children’s Festival
- Swimming in South Yuba River or Scotts Flat Lake
- Mini golf at 49er Fun Park
- 4th of July Parade
And if you’ve made it this far, please take a moment to vote for us the USA Today 10 Best Best Campground and Best Glamping Spot contests.
To follow along with us make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the InnSide Nevada City blog. We’re excited that the summer season is here…. we’ll see you at camp!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!