The Inn Town Campground recently celebrated its 3rd birthday! It’s amazing for all of us to look back at the last three years and think of how far we’ve come, yet how true we are to our original vision. I took a moment this morning to re-read the blog post I wrote after our opening weekend and so much of it still rings true. “It was truly magical for us to watch the campground come to life,” there’s something satisfying to have campers here enjoying the campground in the way we envisioned. In the last three years we’ve had family reunions, birthday parties, family camp outs, bachelorette getaways, Airstream rallies, Girl Camper weekend, mountain bike clinics and so much more. What I love is having so many repeat customers, even in the short amount of time we’ve been open. So thank you to all the folks who have cheered us along on this amazing journey, we’re still having fun!
Summer camping season is definitely here and while the glamping and RV sites are pretty popular, there are still weekend tent camp sites and options during the week. Click here for availability. Also, we are really excited to announce that we have added an additional family glamping tent to the mix, the Sweetwater Tent has 2 queen beds (and soon to have a small couch that can be converted into a twin bed). The other exciting part about this multi-bed option is that it is dog friendly! For those who want to see more photos, please check out the page on our website. For those who’ve been dreaming of a getaway to Nevada City, here are a few upcoming events.
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Meet up, Thursday, July 11th and August 8th
- Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside Chat, Thursday, July 18th, 6-7:30pm
- Nevada City Summer Nights, Wednesday 5-9pm, July 17th, 24th and 31st
- Grass Valley Thursday Night Markets, Thursdays, 6-9pm through August 1st
- Check out one of local Farmers Markets, Nevada City Farmers Market Saturdays 8:30-1pm
- California Worldfest, July 11th-14th
- Sierra Storytelling Festival, July 19th-21st
- Jerry Bash, August 3rd
- Nevada City Children’s Festival, Friday, July 19th
- Movies Under the Pines, July 27th and August 30th
- Nevada County Concert Band Picnic in the Pops, July 28th & August 25th
- Nevada County Fair, August 7th-11th
- Nevada City First Friday Art Walk, July 5th and August 2nd
- Nevada City Film Festival, August 23rd-30th (check out our awesome **Stay and Play Package**)
- Uncorked Wine Tasting Event, August 24th
The South Yuba River has finally come down in water levels after a surge of water for the early summer season. As always, please be river safe and aware of moving currents and temperatures. We’ve got maps with directions to various swimming holes, including Bridgeport, Edwards Crossing or Purdons Crossing. You can find these on CampersApp, as well has hard copies in the camp store. Another great water adventure in Nevada City is Scotts Flat Lake where you can rent a SUP or kayak from Mountain Rec in the day use area. For our campers who are looking for a quick and refreshing plunge, we always recommend our swimming pool. No mater what your outdoor adventure, we’ve got a few suggestions for those who want to come visit us at the Inn Town Campground (biking, hiking, swimming holes, etc).
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the Outside Inn’s blog. Plus, every week I update our weekly events boards on Pinterest. As always, we love hearing from our campers and look forward to seeing you round the campfire.