Summer camping season is in full swing at the campground and it’s been a blast having so many happy campers. We’ve already got folks planning their 2020 adventures, but for those of you who are little more spur of the moment we still have options for all varieties of camping during the week, click here for availability.
For those who’ve been dreaming of a getaway to Nevada City, here are a few upcoming events:
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Meet up, Thursday, August 8th, 6-8pm, Inn Town Campground
- Craft hour at the campground, Saturdays, 2:30-3:30pm
- Outdoor movies, Friday & Saturdays (and by request on weekdays).
- First Friday Art Walk, August 2nd
- Jerry Bash, Pioneer Park, August 3rd
- Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside Chat, Thursday, August 15th, 6-7:30pm
- Check out one of our local Farmers Markets, Nevada City Farmers Market Saturdays 8:30-1pm
- Nevada City Film Festival, August 23rd-30th
- Nevada County Concert Band Picnic in the Pops, August 25th
- Nevada County Fair, August 7th-11th
- Uncorked Wine Tasting Event, August 24th
- Sierra Brewfest, August 24th
- Nevada City Constitution Day Parade and events, September 14th and 15th
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon, September 15th
One of the great summer activities in Nevada City is to go swimming at the South Yuba River. For those concerned about safety and river awareness, please monitor the river flows and continue to have river safety awareness when swimming. We have directions to the river in our camp store for campers, so feel free to ask us for more swimming hole information. Another great water adventure in Nevada City is Scotts Flat Lake where you can rent a SUP or kayak from Mountain Rec in the day use area. Or, for our campers who are looking for something refreshing but closer, you can always lounge by our swimming pool. No matter what your outdoor adventure preference, we’ve got great suggestions for those visiting us at the Inn Town Campground (biking, hiking, swimming holes, etc.).
And for those who are interested in coming to the Nevada City Film Festival don’t miss our Stay and Play Package, two nights of tent camping and 2 festival passes for a great savings, valid anytime during the week of August 23-30th.
To follow everything happening at camp, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds. If you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the Outside Inn’s blog. Plus, every week I update our weekly events boards on Pinterest. Many thanks to those who have cheered us along, we love meeting fans in real life at the campground. Thanks for making the summer so much fun!