Why we love September Camping
Summer camping season has been a blast. We’ve had so many amazing campers last month and through Labor Day weekend. In addition to those coming to Nevada City to enjoy any of the local events or visit friends & family, we’ve also had birthday parties, wedding guests, bachelorette parties, family reunions, mom & kid getaways before school, grandparent visits – you name it, we’ve had it. It brings all of us so much joy to see people staying at the campground, enjoying the place we’ve built and having a good time. September camping is here and we’re ready for you!
Since we’ve had an abundance of warm weather, I finally took my own advice and went for a dip in the South Yuba River. For those of you who want to give back to the river, definitely check out this month’s Yuba River Cleanup. The Cleanup spans more than 80 miles of creek and river shoreline and since 1998, thousands of volunteers have removed 120 tons of trash and recycling.
I’m excited about the slightly cooler temperatures and the prospect of a changing season. The Inn Town Campground will have a haunted pathway for campers to enjoy for the month of October. For those of you who have been meaning to come for another camp out, fall is a beautiful time to visit Nevada City. The days are still warm and the nights are cooler – perfect for sitting by the communal fires or your own fire pit. If that’s not enough, here are some other great reasons to come visit us in September & October.
We’ve got some new goodies in our camp store, excited for our latest batch of Pickle Pottery Inn Town Campground mugs. We’re also stocking the Flame King Refillable propane cylinders, which are great for camp stoves, stop by to take advantage of our exchange program.
- Folk Trails Hiking Club (September 5th)
- French Connection Festival will be held at Malakoff Diggins State Park (September 14th)
- Nevada City Constitution Day Parade (September 15th)
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Triathlon (September 15th)
- SYRCL Yuba River Clean Up (September 21st)
- Draft Horse Classic (September 19-22nd)
- Fall Colors Photo Walk (October 12th)
- Sierra Vintners Regional Wine Trail (October 12-13th)
- Fall Colors
- Nevada City Farmers Market (Saturdays 8:30am-1pm)
- KVMR Celtic Festival (September 27th-29th)
- Pumpkin Patch activities (Biergwagen’s & McCourtney Road Pumpkins)
- Open Studios Tour (October 12th & 13th and October 19th and 20th)
- Fright Night in Nevada City (October 26th)
- The Polish Ambassador at the Miners Foundry (October 31st)
- Day of the Dead Cemetery Tour, November 1st
- Women’s Mountain Bike Skills Clinic and Camp (Nov 2nd and 3rd)
September is often still warm, so come enjoy the last month of our swimming pool season. It will definitely be open through the month of September, but keep in mind it’s unheated. So grab a beverage, your book and relax by the pool while you can.
We will continue to show kid friendly films on Fridays & Saturdays evenings on our outdoor screen, plus host craft time on Saturday afternoons. We are hosting the next Folk Trails Hiking Club hike this Thursday, September 5th.
And for those of you who made it this far, we’re excited to share that we’ve got a mid week glamping & tent camping, book any two nights of tent camping or glamping Sunday-Thursday and get 25% off your reservation. Valid on new online reservations only between September 4th-30th. We offer a week day savings to all campers at this time of the year, but book online now for those sites and get an extra savings.
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the Outside Inn’s blog. Plus, every week I update our weekly events boards on Pinterest.
Photos by Erin Thiem, Kial James Photography, Tim Kielian and Lenkaland Photography
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!