Spring camping has arrived and the campground is buzzing with activity. It was great to have so many families on spring break, it felt like we went to winter to summer camping season overnight. It’s been fun to see more tent campers and have folks roasting s’mores and enjoying the dry weather. The tulips and daffodils are blooming at camp and while we were all eagerly awaiting some more rain, we’ll enjoy these delightful spring days in the mean time.
We recently got a shout out in the Japanese magazine Camp Goods and a nice plug in the Visit California Road Trip Road Trip Republic route planning. Many thanks to Travel & Leisure for the round up of 23 Best Places to Go Glamping in California, we feel honored to be included in the list. We have been trying to keep our IGTV updates up to date, as we know folks have questions, so we’ll keep adding to those monthly check-ins.
Some of the top questions we are getting at the moment….
Is the pool open? Not yet, it’s not heated, so it depends on the weather. Normally we open it mid-May, but we’ll continue to monitor the weather and adjust as needs be.
Are you doing outdoor movies? Yes, on weekends (weather permitting) and by request during the week.
What is glamping? Our glamping tents are canvas walled tents with a bed, linens, electricity, heated mattress pads, fan, deck and picnic table. We’ve made it easy to just show up and camp, no setting the tent up! But please note, our communal indoor kitchen is open, so you can bring your camp stove, cooler and a way to make coffee outside or use one of the coffeemakers in the kitchen, your choice.
Can we come check out the campground? Yes, but please stop by the camp store upon arrival and say hello, during business hours only.
Should we do a shakedown for our new RV? Of course! The Inn Town Campground happily welcomes newbie campers and their rigs, it’s a great way to practice your camping skills, most likely closer to home and get ready for the camping season.
If you’re looking for a few ideas for things to do in spring, here are several:
- Buttermilk Bend wildflower hikes are every Saturday and Sunday mornings at 11am down at Bridgeport along the South Yuba River through mid-May. If you’ve never been down there now is the time of the year to go. Click here for the self guided trees and shrubs brochure or here for a Wildflowers directory. Please remember to recreate responsibly and don’t pick the wildflowers.
- Come camping for Easter weekend and enjoy our annual Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday, April 16th, 3:30pm)
- Go for an urban hike and walk to the Deer Creek Tribute Trail or explore Nevada City neighborhoods, or join us for the kick off of the 2022 Folk Trails Hiking Club, Thursday, April 14th, 4pm at the Outside Inn.
- Bring out your bike and good for a lap on the Hoot Trail or Scotts Drop.
- Join one of the local photos walks, Nevada County Camera Club, Crystal Hermitage Tulips or Empire Mine State Park.
- Check out the spring blooms around downtown Nevada City.
- Visit our neighbors the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Museum, now open on Saturdays.
- Go learn about the Gold Rush era at Empire Mine Historic State Park.
- Events at the Nevada City Miners Foundry, including the Nevada City Craft Fair and Psychic Fair, plus live music.
- Go sit outside and enjoy a beverage, outdoor options at Lefty’s Grill, Nevada City Winery and Golden Era Lounge and the new brewery Ribald Brewery.
We have opened all our glamping tents for the 2022 season. To see more photos check out either the Glamping Tent Gallery, I’m still trying to work my way through walk through Instagram Live tours (I promise my to do list is long, but I’ll get there!). We’re excited to say that we have redone G12, G13, G14 & G15 and G20. For those who want to look inside any of the tents, check out their online galleries for more photos.
The summer dates are filling up, so if you’re interested in coming camping this summer, it’s definitely time to make a reservation. And if you’ve made it this far and are as excited about summer camping as we are, we’ve got a spring fever special. Dust off the camping gear and make a new reservation Sunday-Thursday in the next 2 weeks and we’ll give you 20% off, valid for glamping reservations only. We want to help encourage you to kick off the camping season, so take a spontaneous week-day getaway and come hang out at the Inn Town Campground. We’ve also lowered our tent camping rates for week days, so if you were looking to extend your weekend and/or come for a Tuesday camping trip, we’re offering week day discounts.
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the InnSide Nevada City blog. As always, we love hearing from our campers and look forward to seeing you round the campfire.