Hello from camp! We’re taking a bit of a winter pause, the snow storm in December did quite a bit of damage around camp, so we’re busy behind the scenes cleaning things up. We posted a quick update on our IGTV news updates. While the campground is currently closed for camping, you can book online for future reservations, we will re-open to campers on March 1st. Please be mindful that we have limited office hours at the moment, we’re returning calls and emails, but spending time outside working on projects. And for those of you interested in our upcoming jobs, please check out the information on our website, we’ll be adding additional positions as we get closer to re-opening, but accepting applications now.
We look forward to showing some of our winter maintenance projects, more details coming soon, there are a few fun touches we can’t wait to share.
For those of you have winter camping goals and want to bring out your RV, tent or even just your bag of clothes, we look forward to welcoming you. We’re only 45 minutes from Sugar Bowl and Royal Gorge, if you want to do some spring skiing or snowboarding. Or, if skiing doesn’t sound fun Nevada City is home to a great network of hiking and biking trails. One of our favorite spring activities is to take a walk along the South Yuba River at Bridgeport on the Buttermilk Bend Trail and check out the wildflowers.
Top 10 Reasons to Camp in Spring:
- Any day of camping is better than not camping, who needs a reason?
- Not quite so hot at camp
- Less people
- Great opportunity to do a shakedown mission and get your gear organized for the next trip
- S’mores taste better outside, the evenings are longer, so plenty of time to have a camp fire with your camping family
- Walk to downtown Nevada City and support local merchants, get take out or check out the Nevada City Farmers Market
- Head up Highway 20 for some winter play (sledding, skiing, cross country skiing or snow shoes)
- Go for a mountain bike ride
- Spring Wildflowers Hike
- Check out the spring flowers, Crystal Hermitage Tulip Garden, Empire Mine Historic State Park
- Inn Town Campground’s annual Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday afternoon, April 16th at 3pm)
And if you can’t wait and need to come visit Nevada City this month, our sister property, the Outside Inn is always a good option. But the time to dream about future camping trips is now… and if you want to plan away, make sure to check out our growing Pinterest boards for ideas.
To follow what’s happening at camp, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds. If you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the Outside Inn’s blog. See you at the campground!