Spring at the Inn Town Campground! It’s amazing, we went from dusting of snow to 70+ degrees in a mater of days. While the campground looked beautiful covered in snow, we’re sad to say that it didn’t even last the whole day. Check out this fun video to see a little more of the winter wonderland.
You always know it’s spring when it snows on the daffodils. And if you’ve got spring fever, check out this recent Outside Inn blog post on some great ideas on places to check out the flowers in Nevada County, here are a few suggestions.
- Buttermilk Bend wildflower hikes are every Saturday and Sunday mornings at 11am down at Bridgeport along the South Yuba River through mid-May. If you’ve never been down there now is the time of the year to go. Click here for the self guided trees and shrubs brochure or here for a Wildflowers directory.
- Sit under the cherry tree at Ike’s Quarter Cafe
- Check out the tulips at the Crystal Hermitage Gardens at Ananda. Open every day in April, the gardens showcase over 13,000 tulips.
- Go for a hike with Bear Yuba Land Trust
- Take a workshop at Peaceful Valley Farm and Garden Supply
- Check out the dogwoods around downtown Nevada City
- Take a Flower Essence Society Course
- Daffodil Run in Penn Valley, Sunday, April 9th
- I’m excited to share that Kial James of Nevada City Scenics, and I are organizing another Instameet photo walk. Come join us for the #wwim15 Instameet on Sunday, March 26th at 4pm at Buttermilk Bend, Bridgeport, South Yuba State Park. The meet up is free, anyone is welcome, but please remember there is a $5 parking fee and carpooling is recommended. (Click here, here and here for photos from previous meet ups).
We re-opened the glamping tents for the 2017 season, we’ve been having a lot of fun sharing photos of the tents and their new floors. To see the updates, check out the Inn Town Campground Glamping Tent Gallery for more photos. All of the tents will have new floors, we’ve got a few more to finish, but we’re making great progress.
We know you’re all interested in knowing when the pool will be finished. We’re happy to say that the weather has improved and construction progress is coming along. We hope to have the pool up and ready by Memorial Day weekend.
And in other updates, with the improved weather, we’re back to do our outdoor movie screenings, all campers welcome. The family friendly movies start at 7pm on Friday & Saturdays. Other upcoming campground events, if you’re interested in joining the YBONC Women’s Mountain Bike Clinic, March 31st-April 2nd, click here for more info. And while The Yoga Dive Girls Glamping retreat is sold out, they do have a waiting list, so check out that event for more information. And finally… if you’ve made it this far we’re going to do a spring campground tour. The campground is open year round and we welcome folks to stop by and learn more about our camping options during office hours. The summer dates are filling up, so if you’re interested in coming camping this summer, it’s definitely time to make a reservation. So stop by for the tour, Sunday, April 9th, 1pm, if you’re interested in looking inside a couple glamping tents and getting some more information about what we have to offer.
To keep tabs on the fun at the campground feel free to follow us along either on Instagram or Facebook. Recent highlights this week included roasting s’mores, meeting some locals who took their maiden voyage in their new RV, looking inside glamping tents, watch a video about how we built the campground and photos of campers! We’re excited about the upcoming camping season… spring fever makes us all want to get outside!