Summer camping season has been a blast. We’ve had so many amazing campers last month and through Labor Day weekend. In addition to those coming to Nevada City to enjoy any of the local events or visit friends & family, we’ve also had birthday parties, wedding guests, bachelorette parties, family reunions, mom & kid getaways before school, grandparent visits – you name it, we’ve had it. It brings all of us so much joy to see people staying at the campground, enjoying the place we’ve built and having a good time. September camping is here and we’re ready for you!
Since we’ve had an abundance of warm weather, I finally took my own advice and went for a dip in the South Yuba River. For those of you who want to give back to the river, definitely check out this month’s Yuba River Cleanup. The Cleanup spans more than 80 miles of creek and river shoreline and since 1998, thousands of volunteers have removed 200,000 pounds of trash and recycling.
I’m excited about the slightly cooler temperatures and the prospect of a changing season. The Inn Town Campground will have a haunted pathway for campers to enjoy for the month of October. For those of you who have been meaning to come for another camp out, fall is a beautiful time to visit Nevada City. The days are still warm and the nights are cooler – perfect for sitting by the communal fires or your own fire pit. If that’s not enough, here are some other great reasons to come visit us in September & October.
- Nevada City Film Festival (September 7-14th) (there’s still time to take advantage of our stay and play package, book 2 nights of tent camping in the next week and get 2 full festival passes for $160).
- French Connection Festival will be held at Malakoff Diggins State Park (September 8th)
- Nevada City Constitution Day Parade (September 9th)
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Forest Bathing (September 13th)
- Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside Chat (September 27th)
- SYRCL Yuba River Clean Up (September 15th)
- Sierra Vintners Regional Wine Trail (September 22nd)
- Draft Horse Classic (September 21-23th)
- Fall Colors
- Nevada City Farmers Market (Saturdays 8:30am-1pm)
- KVMR Celtic Festival (September 28th-30th)
- Fall Photo Walk (October 13)
- Women’s Mountain Bike Skills Clinic and Camp (October 13 & 14)
- Pumpkin Patch activities (Biergwagen’s & McCourtney Road Pumpkins)
- The Polish Ambassador at the Miners Foundry (October 31st)
- Open Studios Tour (October 13th & 14th and October 20th and 21st)
- Day of the Dead Cemetery Tour, November 1st
September is often still warm, so come enjoy the last month of our swimming pool season. It will definitely be open through the month of September, but keep in mind it’s unheated. So grab a beverage, your book and relax by the pool while you can.
We will continue to show kid friendly films on Fridays & Saturdays evenings on our outdoor screen, plus host craft time on Saturday afternoons. We are hosting the next Folk Trails Hiking Club hike Thursday, September 13th and a new experience inspired by the Japanese practice of Shinrin Yoku, Forest Bathing with Jake West. We have one more Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside chats, the final chat in the series will be about Adventures on Wednesday, September 27th.
And for those of you who made it this far, we’re excited to share that we’ve got a mid week glamping tent special starting next week, book any two nights of glamping Sunday-Thursday and get 25% off your reservation. Valid on new online reservations only between September 9th-27th.
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the Outside Inn’s blog. Plus, every week I update our weekly events boards on Pinterest. We’d love to hear from you, so feel free to shout out and say hi. And for those who want to watch Dan and I chat about building, running and marketing the campground, check out this YouTube video with Mark from Campgroundviews.com.