Summer camping season is definitely here and while the glamping and RV sites are pretty popular, there are still a few weekend tent campsites open. We also still have options for all varieties of camping during the week, click here for availability. For those who’ve been dreaming of a getaway to Nevada City, here are a few upcoming events:
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Meet up, Thursday, August 9th, Inspired by the Japanese practice of Shinrin Yoku (Forest Bathing) with Jake West, 6-8pm, Inn Town Campground
- Craft hour at the campground, Saturdays, 3-4pm
- Outdoor movies, Friday & Saturdays (and by request on weekdays).
- Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside Chat, Thursday, August 30th, 6-7:30pm
- Check out one of our local Farmers Markets, Nevada City Farmers Market Saturdays 8:30-1pm
- Movies Under the Pines, August 18th in Pioneer Park, Nevada City
- Nevada County Concert Band Picnic in the Pops, August 26th
- Nevada County Fair, August 8th-12
- Uncorked Wine Tasting Event, August 25th
- Sierra Brewfest, August 25th
- Nevada City Film Festival, September 7th-14th
- Nevada City Constitution Day Parade and events, September 8th and 9th
The Yuba Bus shuttle service to the South Yuba River will continued Thursday-Sunday until September 23rd, with two pick up times at the Inn Town Campground. If you’re interested in visiting the Hwy 49 Bridge and don’t want to worry about getting a parking space this service is a great option for your summer swimming hole adventure. Otherwise we’ve got maps of the river available in The Commons. These have directions on how to get to Hwy 49 as well as Bridgeport, Edwards and Purdon Crossings. Another great water adventure in Nevada City is Scotts Flat Lake where you can rent a SUP or kayak from Mountain Rec in the day use area. Or, for our campers who are looking for something refreshing but closer, you can always lounge by our swimming pool. No matter what your outdoor adventure preference, we’ve got great suggestions for those visiting us at the Inn Town Campground (biking, hiking, swimming holes, etc.), including the annual Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon at Scotts Flat Lake on Sunday, September 16th.
To follow everything happening at camp, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds. If you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the Outside Inn’s blog. Plus, every week I update our weekly events boards on Pinterest. Many thanks to those who have cheered us along, we love meeting fans in real life at the campground. And for those who missed the Instagram or Facebook post, Dan and I are honored to be on the cover of the ARVC (National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds) summer magazine issue, click here for a PDF of the magazine, the article is on page 15.
And to celebrate the final stretch of summer we have a giveaway package, post a comment here and we’ve got 2 weekend passes for the Yuba Bus (valid till September 23rd) and a gift certificate for $55 for one free night of tent camping at the Inn Town Campground (subject to availability). Winner will be announced on August 15th. *Edited to say the winner is Erin Horst.