The Inn Town Campground recently celebrated its 2nd birthday! It’s amazing for all of us to look back at the last two years and think of how far we’ve come, yet how true we are to our original vision. I took a moment this morning to re-read the blog post I wrote after our opening weekend and so much of it still rings true. “It was truly magical for us to watch the campground come to life,” there’s something satisfying to have campers here enjoying the campground in the way we envisioned. In the last two years we’ve had family reunions, birthday parties, family camp outs, bachlorette getaways, Yoga retreats, Airstream rallies, Girl Camper weekend, mountain bike clinics and so much more. What I love is having so many repeat customers, even in the short amount of time we’ve been open. So thank you to all the folks who have cheered us along on this amazing journey, we’re still having fun!
Summer camping season is definitely here and while the glamping and RV sites are pretty popular there are still weekend tent camp sites and options during the week, click here for availability. For those who’ve been dreaming of a getaway to Nevada City, here are a few upcoming events.
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Meet up, Thursday, July 12th and August 9th
- Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside Chat, Thursday, July 27th, 6-7:30pm
- Nevada City Summer Nights, Wednesday 6-9pm, July 11th, 18th and 25th
- Grass Valley Thursday Night Markets, Thursdays, 6-9pm through August 2nd
- Check out one of local Farmers Markets, Nevada City Farmers Market Saturdays 8:30-1pm
- California Worldfest, July 12th-15th
- Sierra Storytelling Festival, July 22nd-24th
- Jerry Bash, August 4th
- Nevada City Children’s Festival, Friday, July 27th
- Movies Under the Pines, July 28th and August 18th
- Nevada County Concert Band Picnic in the Pops, July 22nd & August 26th
- Nevada County Fair, August 8th-12
- Nevada City First Friday Art Walk, August 3rd 5-9pm
- The Artist Workshop, Happy Camper “paint and sip” at the Inn Town Campground, Saturday, August 4th, 6-8pm
- Uncorked Wine Tasting Event, August 25th
The Yuba Bus shuttle service to the South Yuba River is a great option for your summer swimming hole adventure. The bus picks up at the Inn Town Campground at 8:45am and 12:45. If you’re interested in visiting 49 Bridge and don’t want to worry about getting a parking space this service is a great option. Otherwise we’ve got maps with directions in the camp store for swimming holes if who want to visit Bridgeport, Edwards Crossing or Purdons Crossing. Another great water adventure in Nevada City is Scotts Flat Lake where you can rent a SUP or kayak from Mountain Rec in the day use area. For our campers who are looking for something a refreshing dip we always recommend our swimming pool. No mater what your outdoor adventure, we’ve got a few suggestions for those who want to come visit us at the Inn Town Campground (biking, hiking, swimming holes, etc).
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the Outside Inn’s blog. Plus, every week I update our weekly events boards on Pinterest. As always, we love hearing from our campers and look forward to seeing you round the campfire. Many thanks to those who have cheered us along, it was an honor to hit 11,000 Instagram followers earlier this month.