Hello September! While Labor Day typically marks the end of summer travel, just remember there are still many wonderful camping days left in 2022. If you have a few days and the curiosity to explore, you can find a midweek road trip worth taking. Besides, September often means cooler temperatures, fewer crowds, better deals, and seasonal perks. For those who are looking for more live updates, check out our Instagram IGTV channel, where we’ve been doing live updates every couple of weeks on operations at camp, plus a information on any specials or promotions.
As for camp itself, we continue to entertain the kids and adults alike with movies at our outdoor theater. We show kid friendly films on Friday & Saturday evenings (weather permitting), plus we’ll even show them by request mid-week. We also have another month before we close our swimming pool for the season; so if you want to take a refreshing dip, come camping soon.
Crowds are thinning at camp now that kids are back in school, but the camping is great and we want more campers to experience Nevada City. To entice you a little bit, check out our midweek glamping special to kick off the month of September. And, just in that’s not enough, here are 10 reasons to come glamping, for anyone looking for a little inspiration.
- You don’t have to set up the tent! No poles, no problem. We try to make camping as accessible as we can, so our glamping feels rustic, without roughing it. Who doesn’t want to camp while sleeping a real bed?
- Avoid crowds. With the kids back in school, the weekdays are a delightful time to have a staycation or getaway with your partner. So, if you’re a glamper, but don’t like summer crowds, now’s the time to book.
- Go have a drink. We’re going to celebrate California wine month with a toast to some of the local vineyards and tasting rooms, cheers.
- Learn about history. Whether you join us this month for the Folk Trails Hiking Club meet up, or go on a tour at Empire Mine Historic State Park, there is always something new to learn about our cool area.
- Maybe your date night includes live music or a show? Check out the calendars at local performing arts locales like The Center for the Arts or the Miners Foundry.
- Go check out a movie at The Onyx. It’s a 21 and over venue, so grab a craft beer and popcorn while you see some great independent films.
- Go for a swim, either at South Yuba River, Scotts Flat Lake…or the campground swimming pool
- Bring your hammock (and your hammock straps) and relax under the trees at the campground. Take some me time to catch up on those summer reads you bought earlier this year.
- Take a walk into downtown Nevada City and sample ice cream at Treats. Our top choices are Mint and Lemon Custard, but maybe you’ll be a fan of the Cookie Dough?
- And the best reason to glamp midweek in September… drum roll, we’ve got a special savings for you!
To celebrate your midweek getaway we have some specials for you. Book 1 night and get 15%, book 2 nights get 20% off and book 3 nights and get 25% off, glamping Sunday-Thursday, valid only for new online reservations for midweek stays through the end of September.
Who’s ready for Halloween? The Inn Town Campground is excited to continue our haunted camp installations this year. We’ve been brainstorming new ideas and can’t wait to start decorating. The decorations will be up for the entire month of October, so plenty of time to enjoy the fun. We always like to see the halloween spirit, so if you want to spook up your campsite with costumes or decorations, we would love to see it! It’s not required, but a lot of fun – feel free to decorate anytime before Halloween.
Fall is also the time of the year when everywhere I look, I’m pleasantly surprised by the pops of color. If you’ve never visited Nevada City at this time of the year, it’s a great time to take a fall colors walk around town, check out an event or go for a hike along the South Yuba River. Fall colors tend to start in mid October and peak around Halloween, so if fall colors are your jam, wait until then to visit.
So what’s happening in town? Well, fall is approaching, and I love fall! I love everything about it. The weather is cooler, but still warm. Halloween is on the horizon and lazy days at the river are still a reality. For those of you who aren’t familiar with all of the fun in September & October here are a few events to check out:
- Nevada City First Friday Art Walk, September 2nd
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Deer Creek Tribute Trail Hike, September 8th
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Triathlon, September 18th
- SYRCL Yuba River Clean Up September 10-17th
- Draft Horse Classic, September 15th-18th
- Fall Colors
- Nevada City Farmers Market, Saturdays 8:30am-1pm
- Pumpkin Patch activities (Biergwagen’s)
- Heart of Gold Gravel Ride, October 8th
- Open Studios Tour, October 8th and 9th and October 15th and 16th
- Historic Cemetery Tour, October 13th
- Disco Inferno Halloween Bash, October 29th and/or The Polish Ambassador at the Miners Foundry, October 31st
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed. As always, we love hearing from our campers and look forward to seeing you round the campfire.