Hello fall! I’ve always said fall is one of my favorite seasons, and I’m excited to share the season with campers at the Inn Town Campground. Here are 16 ideas to help motivate you to get outside and celebrate the season.
- Nevada City Farmers Market, Saturdays 8:30am-1pm
- Pumpkin Patch activities (Biergwagen’s)
- Heart of Gold Gravel Ride, October 8th
- Open Studios Tour, October 8th and 9th and October 15th and 16th
- Historic Cemetery Tour with Folk Trails Hiking Club, October 13th, 4-6pm, meet at Robinson Plaza
- All things pumpkin (one should not miss the Treats pumpkin ice cream or the Caroline’s Coffee pumpkin spice latte).
- Celebrate the harvest season and go wine tasting
- Grass Valley BrewFest, Saturday, October 8th, 1-5pm, tickets on sale, limited numbers available.
- Fly Fishing YubaFest, October 15th and 16th
- Haunted Nevada City tours are now audio self guided, stop by the Nevada City Chamber to purchase the tour. Or check out The National Exchange Hotel free Haunted History Tours, RSVP to grab a spot for one of the two sessions this month.
- Take a fall colors walk around downtown Nevada City or check out the points of historical interests.
- Go on a self guided fall colors photo walk and share your photo on Instagram with #VisitNevadaCity.
- Go camping at the Inn Town Campground and the fun Halloween decor, for ideas on how to decorate your site, check out our round up of Halloween decorating ideas.
- Halloween fun
- Disco Inferno Halloween Bash, October 29th and/or The Polish Ambassador at the Miners Foundry, October 31st
- Women’s Mountain Bike Clinic, November 5th and 6th
- Keep checking our website for midweek specials, still time to take advantage of the September glamping special, or enter our Happy Fall Glamping Giveaway on either Instagram or Facebook.
So whether you’re looking for fall color, supporting local artists, visiting local wineries or picking a pumpkin, there’s plenty to do in Nevada County for the whole family. The Inn Town Campground will be decorated and ready for the Halloween season on October 1st, we’d love to hear from you guys on how you’re going to celebrate the fall season?
We continue to show kid friendly films on Fridays & Saturdays evenings on our outdoor screen (weather permitting). It’s a great time to pack the s’mores, sit by the campfire and celebrate the change of season.
Who’s ready for Halloween? Many of you know that we take Halloween very seriously around camp. We are excited to say will continue our haunted pathway this year, promise to show some teasers for the fans at home. The decorations will be up for the entire month of October, so plenty of time to enjoy the fun. Many thanks to Visit California for including us in their round up of Halloween activities.
Fall is also the time of the year when everywhere I look, I’m pleasantly surprised by the pops of color. If you’ve never visited Nevada City at this time of the year, it’s a great time to take a fall colors walk around town, while the colors haven’t peaked yet, it’s definitely time to think about an October or November visit to catch the colors.
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed. As always, we love hearing from our campers and look forward to seeing you round the campfire.
Photos by Erin Thiem and Lenkaland Photography