Hello fall! I’ve always said fall is one of my favorite seasons, and I’m excited to share the season with campers at the Inn Town Campground. Our Halloween spirit is known and we’re always excited when our campers get inspired to play along with the festive season.
- Haunted Nevada City tours are now audio self guided, stop by the Nevada City Chamber to purchase the tour.
- If you missed our Folk Trails Hiking Club Historic Cemeteries hike earlier this month you can take a self guided walk, click here for a link to more information on several local cemeteries.
- Local Cemeteries event with Nevada County Library
- Take a fall colors walk around downtown Nevada City or check out the points of historical interests.
- Go on a self guided fall colors photo walk and share your photo on Instagram with #VisitNevadaCity.
- Go camping at the Inn Town Campground and the enjoy fun Halloween decor, for ideas on how to decorate your site, check out our round up of Halloween decorating ideas.
- Halloween events for youngsters: downtown Grass Valley preschool event, Nevada County Rood Center after school event or our favorite haunted house in downtown Nevada City.
- Disco Inferno Halloween Bash, October 29th and/or The Polish Ambassador at the Miners Foundry, October 31st
So whether you’re looking for fall color, a relaxing weekend or checking out local events, there’s plenty to do in Nevada County for the whole family. The Inn Town Campground is decorated and ready for the Halloween, been celebrating all month long with lots of happy campers.
We continue to show kid friendly films on Fridays & Saturdays evenings on our outdoor screen (weather permitting). It’s a great time to pack the s’mores, sit by the campfire and celebrate the change of season.
Who’s ready for Halloween? Many of you know that we take Halloween very seriously around camp. The decorations have been up for the entire month of October, so plenty of time to enjoy the fun, if you’re already planning a year ahead. Many thanks to Visit California, NBC Bay Area, Campendium and Go Nevada County for including us in their round up of Halloween activities.
Fall is also the time of the year when everywhere I look, I’m pleasantly surprised by the pops of color. If you’ve never visited Nevada City at this time of the year, it’s a great time to take a fall colors walk around town, while the colors haven’t peaked yet, it’s definitely time to think about an October or November visit to catch the colors.
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds and yes… I finally joined TikTok, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or blog. As always, we love hearing from our campers and look forward to seeing you round the campfire.
Photos by Erin Thiem & Lenkaland Photography