Happy September! The Inn Town Campground had a huge Labor Day weekend and finished off the summer camping season with a lot of happy campers. Now, we’re looking forward to the fall colors and the beautiful warm days and longer nights of a new season.
Since autumn in Nevada City is still warm and beautiful, we’re not ready to pack up our tents, and hopefully you’re not ready either. We’ve got some fun events lined up for the next few weeks and we have a fresh assortment of items in our store, including the famous Whatever mugs! Our outdoor movie screenings will continue on Friday & Saturday nights, weather permitting, for registered campers. In addition to the ping pong, foosball table, we’ve added several corn hole sets and are working towards having regular Saturday afternoon tournaments.
Our artisan marshmallows are getting rave reviews, if you’re looking for a new s’mores experience try one of the toasted coconut or chocolate truffle marshmallows from The Rustic Puff.
Here’s what’s planned for September & October:
- Fall Colors Special! – Book 3 midweek nights and only pay for 2! Valid for Sun-Thurs. nights. Book online now until the end of October.
- Stay with us for the Draft Horse Classic – Sept 22-25. The fairgrounds is closed, so grab one of our RV spots while they last, or bring your tent and stay in a campsite.
- Come eat a delicious pie! An Honest Pie, Nevada County’s most famous food truck, will be at the campground from 5-8 pm on Sept. 24.
- Fall Open House – Sunday, Sept. 25th 3-5pm. We will have tours, s’mores, ping-pong and corn hole. If you want to invite your friends, click here for the Facebook event.
- Women’s Mountain Bike Clinic at Inn Town Campground – Sept. 30 – Oct 2.
- Stay with us for the KVMR Celtic Festival, Sept. 30 – Oct 2. We’re only 10 minutes away and you can avoid the commotion of the festival and sleep under the stars.
- Halloween Weekend – Fun, festive and not too spooky. Join us for the weekend of Oct. 28th & 29th. We’ll have decorations, trick-or-treating and family friendly movies that bring out the ghoul in everyone.
- Folks Trails Hiking Club fall colors hike, Saturday, October 9th.
The Inn Town Campground was mentioned in the Sunday, Sept. 18 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle, plus a nice mention on the kid friendly website Red Tricycle. We were honored to make the Venue Report “Ultimate Guide to Glamping Around the Globe.” We have really appreciated getting great feedback from campers, both in person, on social media and on various review sites. Thanks Nick for the Campendium review, “This isn’t just any old RV campground, the emphasis is on community, with shared outdoor cooking and campfire facilities, tent camping, their own glamping tents and several spots for larger trailers too.” Thanks ScubaChic for review on Trip Advisor, “The grounds are impeccable. We went Glamping for the first time. It was perfect. Setup was amazing. They thought of everything. Love the outdoor shower, common area & nightly movies. Mostly loved the portable campfires…really feels like camping! Also a beautiful walk to town for shopping, eats and wine tasting.” Jeff on Google wrote, “Newly opened, hip, multi-use family campground in funky, bohemian Nevada City that is going to be your new fav place to stay.” Thanks Brenda for your Facebook review, “Wonderful, intimate campground close to Nevada City and Yuba River. The campground has wonderful amenities from clean bathrooms, to clean & spacious showers offering warm water, an outdoor movie theatre, propane fire pits and a large sink area to clean your dishes.”