Hello October! I’ve always said fall is one of my favorite seasons, and I’m excited to share the season with campers at the Inn Town Campground. Here are 15 ideas to help motivate you to get outside and celebrate the season.
- Pick a pumpkin at Bierwagen’s.
- Check out the Fall Colors Open Studio & Art Tours throughout Nevada County, click here to see the program online, Saturday & Sunday, October 9, 10, 16 & 17.
- Nevada City Farmers Market Saturday: 8:30am-1pm
- All things pumpkin (one should not miss the Treats pumpkin ice cream or the Caroline’s Coffee pumpkin spice latte).
- Celebrate the harvest season and go wine tasting, several of our local wineries now have expanded outdoor seating area (check out Nevada City Winery’s patio).
- Celebrate Oktoberfest at The National Exchange Hotel
- Grass Valley BrewFest, Saturday, October 6th, 1-5pm, tickets on sale, limited numbers available.
- Check out the variety of veggies in the Outside Inn’s free vegetable cart.
- Haunted Nevada City tours are now audio self guided, stop by the Nevada City Chamber to purchase the tour. Or check out The National Exchange Hotel free Haunted History Tours, RSVP to grab a spot for one of the two sessions this month.
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Historic Cemeteries Hike, October 14th, 4-6pm
- Take a fall colors walk around downtown Nevada City or check out the points of historical interests.
- Go on a self guided fall colors photo walk and share your photo on Instagram with #VisitNevadaCity.
- Go camping at the Inn Town Campground (check out the midweek October glamping special) and the fun Halloween decor, for ideas on how to decorate your site, check out our round up of Halloween decorating ideas.
- Halloween fun
- Miners Foundry Fright Night
So whether you’re looking for fall color, supporting local artists, visiting local wineries or picking a pumpkin, there’s plenty to do in Nevada County for the whole family. The Inn Town Campground is decorated and ready for the Halloween season, we’d love to hear from you guys on how you’re going to celebrate the fall season?
October camping season is here and the campers are enjoying the cooler evenings. We continue to show kid friendly films on Fridays & Saturdays evenings on our outdoor screen (weather permitting). It’s a great time to pack the s’mores, sit by the campfire and celebrate the change of season.
Who’s ready for Halloween? If you’ve ever been to the Outside Inn or Nevada City towards the end of October, you know that we take Halloween very seriously here. The Inn Town Campground is excited to say will continue our haunted pathway this year, although with some COVID-19 modifications. The decorations will be up for the entire month of October, so plenty of time to enjoy the fun. Many thanks to Visit California for including us in their round up of Halloween activities.
Fall is also the time of the year when everywhere I look, I’m pleasantly surprised by the pops of color. If you’ve never visited Nevada City at this time of the year, it’s a great time to take a fall colors walk around town, while the colors haven’t peaked yet, it’s definitely time to think about an October visit to catch the colors.
And for those of you who made it this far, we’re excited to share that we’ve got a mid-week glamping special, book two or more consecutive nights of glamping or tent camping Sunday-Thursday and get the 2nd night half off. Valid only for new online reservations for midweek stays through October 31st.
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed. As always, we love hearing from our campers and look forward to seeing you round the campfire.