The Inn Town Campground has been busy — wow! we’ve had so many amazing campers last month and through Labor Day weekend. In addition to those coming to Nevada City to enjoy any of the local events or visit friends & family, we’ve also had birthday parties, wedding guests, bachelorette parties, family reunions, mom & kid getaways before school, grandparent visits – you name it, we’ve had it. It brings all of us so much joy to see people staying at the campground, enjoying the place we’ve built and having a good time. Check out the drone video from Labor Day weekend, a new way to see everyone having a good time. September camping is here and we’re ready for you!
Since we’ve had an abundance of warm weather, I finally took my own advice and went for a dip in the South Yuba River. For those of you who want to give back to the river, definitely check out this month’s Yuba River Cleanup. We’re excited to be a part of the event and will be a volunteer site leader on the Deer Creek section in downtown Nevada City. “This year the Cleanup is particularly significant. For 20 years, SYRCL has been uniting the community to clean the Yuba. It’s incredible to see how the community has grown. Keeping the river clean, safe and healthy requires all us who love the Yuba to be active stewards,” Jenn Tamo, Community Engagement Manager:
And while the river is still a fabulous place to visit in the fall, I’m excited about the slightly cooler temperatures and the prospect of a changing season. For those of you who have been meaning to come for another camp out, fall is a beautiful time to visit Nevada City. The days are still warm and the nights are cooler – perfect for sitting by the communal fires or your own fire pit. If that’s not enough, here are some other great reasons to come visit us in September & October.
- Nevada City Film Festival (September 8-15th) (there’s still time to take advantage of our stay and play package, book 2 nights of tent camping in the next week and get 2 full festival passes for $160).
- Chat with Alice Waters at The Center for the Arts (September 8th)
- Downtown Nevada City photo walk (September 9th)
- French Connection Festival will be held at Malakoff Diggins State Park (September 9th)
- Nevada City Constitution Day Parade (September 10th)
- Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside Chat at the Inn Town Campground (September 13th)
- The Wailers at the Miners Foundry (September 14th)
- SYRCL Yuba River Clean Up (September 16th)
- Nevada City Yoga Festival (September 14-17)
- Sierra Vintners Regional Wine Trail (September 23rd)
- Draft Horse Classic (September 21-24th)
- Fall Colors
- Nevada City Farmers Market (Saturdays 8:30am-1pm)
- KVMR Celtic Festival (September 29th-October 1st)
- Pumpkin Patch activities (Biergwagen’s, McCourtney Road Pumpkins, Smith Vineyards)
- Open Studios Tour (October 7th-8th, and 14th-15th)
- Girl Camper weekend at the Inn Town Campground (October 20th & 21st)
September is often still warm, so come enjoy the last month of our swimming pool season. It will definitely be open through the month of September, but keep in mind it’s unheated. We’re now selling wine in a can, plus local craft beers, so grab a beverage, your book and relax by the pool while you can.
We will continue to show kid friendly films on Fridays & Saturdays evenings on our outdoor screen, plus host craft time on Saturday afternoons. We’re also continuing the Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside chats series, where you can come learn about Stories of Place with Shelly Covert of the Nisenan on Wednesday, September 13th. Finally, we are hosting the next Folk Trails Hiking Club hike on Wednesday, September 20th.
And for those of you who made it this far, we’re excited to share that we’ve got a mid week glamping tent special starting next week, book any two nights of glamping Sunday-Thursday and get 50% off your second night. Valid on new online reservations only between September 10th-28th.
To follow us along, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the Outside Inn’s blog. Plus, every week I update our weekly events boards on Pinterest. Oh, and there’s still time to enter the giveaway from last week’s Nevada City Film Festival and Inn Town Campground blog post, winner will be announced this evening.
The Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum will be giving Railbus rides through October 31st on Saturdays. Check the website for the Railbus schedule. The beautiful Inn Town Campground has a front row seat to the museum and are great neighbors.