Summer camping has arrived and the campground is buzzing with activity. Memorial Day weekend was busy, great to have so many return campers bring the kids and enjoy some time together outside. We’re super grateful to kick off the summer camping season. And we all just marveled that the weather could not have been more perfect, so thank you, after a fairly wet and cold spring, it’s delightful to have awesome camping weather.
We know folks are trying to plan their future trips and it’s been great to have so many community events back on the schedule this year. Here are a few of the upcoming things to plan for….
- Nevada City Farmers Market, Saturday mornings
- First Friday Art Walk, June 2nd, July 7th and August 4th
- Folk Trails Hiking Club, June 8th
- Grass Valley Thursday Night Market, June 8th, 15th, 22nd
- Humbug Day, Malakoff Diggins, June 10th
- Nevada City Film Festival, June 23rd-25th
- Movies Under the Pines, June 23rd, July 7 and July 28th
- 4th of July Parade
- Nevada City Summer Nights, July 12th, 19th & 26th
- Grass Valley Car Show, July 15th
- The Children’s Festival, July 21st
- California Worldfest, July 13th-16th
- Nevada County Fair, August 9th-13th
- Draft Horse Classic, September 21st-24th
And we’re all dreaming of our upcoming lazy days by the river. SYRCL has some great tips and suggestions for planning your next trip to the South Yuba River State Park, please be aware of cold temperatures and high flows at the beginning of the summer. You can track the water levels online, keep in mind typical summer flowers are 100 CSF. Now is a great time to remember that there are lots of great outdoor activities in our community (hiking, mountain biking, fishing, SUP rental and swimming in Scotts Flat Lake), so always something fun to do.
If you’re looking for more kid friendly activities this summer, click here; there are tons of great kids events and things to do in Nevada City & Grass Valley. And, if you don’t have a tent site reservation, don’t worry, the Inn Town Campground still has sites available this summer – book soon for weekends as they are filling up quickly. Or, if you’ve always wanted to try glamping, think about joining us mid-week, when we have more availability and town has a more relaxed, quiet feel. (Stay tuned as we make some small changes to our online reservations this month, if you have any questions you can always call the camp store, we’re open 7 days a week).
Our top 10 kid friendly activities:
- Visit Empire Mine State Historic Park
- Check out the Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Go for a hike along the Deer Creek Tribute Trail
- Visit Treats in Nevada City and try an exotic flavor of ice cream
- Movies Under the Pines organized by the Nevada City Film Festival
- Check out the Points of Historical Interest walking tour map of Nevada City or the tree tour
- The Children’s Festival
- Swimming in Scotts Flat Lake or check out the new Memorial Park Pool in Grass Valley
- 4th of July Parade
- Watching movies at the campground
We’ve got some exciting things brewing at camp, if you haven’t watched our Instagram video updates, you can check out the news online. We’re really excited to share that we’re adding a yurt to the campground. The new addition should be ready this summer, but stay tuned for when we officially release reservations. We’re excited to be working with local manufacturer Living InTent Yurt Company, stay tuned for more behind the scenes fun.
To follow along with us make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok or Twitter feeds, if you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the InnSide Nevada City blog. We’re excited that the summer season is here…. we’ll see you at camp! Many thanks to the recent shout outs from family blogger Porsha Carr and Choose Adventure California Style and we are honored to have WON the USA Today 10 Best RV Park and Campground. And we appreciated the shout outs in local media (YubaNet and The Union). And stay tuned, we’ll share on social media, but we’re going to be on Good Day Sacramento!