Hello 2024! Anyone else have a New Years Resolution to camp more! We’re excited that we just got a new (to us) travel trailer and we’re itching to get a shakedown mission in or two over the winter months. The Inn Town Campground is starting the year off with a brief winter closure, we’re taking the first 10 days off to reset, recharge and work on a few projects. While the campground is currently closed for camping, you can book online for future reservations, we will re-open to January 11th. Please be mindful that we have limited office hours at the moment, we’re returning calls and emails, but spending time outside. The dump station is currently closed, but we will reopen 11am-4pm later this month.
For those of you have winter camping goals and want to bring out your RV, van or even your tent, we look forward to welcoming you. We’re only 45 minutes from Sugar Bowl and Royal Gorge, if you want to do some spring skiing or snowboarding. Don’t forget the Wild & Scenic Film Festival has moved to President’s Day Weekend, so if you’re interested in learning more about the event or watching a film or 10, check out the line up. Nevada City is home to a great network of hiking and biking trails, we’ve done plenty of rainy walks over the years, so just bring the right shoes and head outside. And if you’re looking to celebrate Valentine’s Day, we’ve got a fun post on how you could celebrate love at the campground, we are huge fans of experiential presents and who says you have to celebrate Valentine’s Day on February 14th? Maybe buy a gift certificate for a future adventure? And we’re excited to welcome back the Chinese Lunar New Year event, Sunday, February 25th, after a 3 year hiatus (we were the Grand Marshalls of the last event!). Lots of great winter activities in Nevada City and Grass Valley, what’s your favorite thing to do? Don’t forget the annual Nevada City Mardi Gras parade, this year it’s Saturday, February 10th.
Top 12 Reasons to Camp in Spring:
- Any day of camping is better than not camping, who needs a reason?
- Not quite so hot at camp
- Less people
- Great opportunity to do a shakedown mission and get your gear organized for the next trip
- S’mores taste better outside, the evenings are longer, so plenty of time to have a camp fire with your camping family
- Walk to downtown Nevada City and support local merchants, get take out or check out the Nevada City Farmers Market
- Head up Highway 20 for some winter play (sledding, skiing, cross country skiing or snow shoes)
- Go for a mountain bike ride
- Spring Wildflowers Hike along the South Yuba River
- Join a Folk Trails Hiking Club meet up (March 9th or April 13th)
- Check out the spring flowers, Crystal Hermitage Tulip Garden, Empire Mine Historic State Park
- Inn Town Campground’s annual Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday afternoon, March 30th at 3:30pm)
But the time to dream about future camping trips is now… and if you want to plan away, make sure to check out our growing Pinterest boards for ideas. And reminder, we take reservations up to a year in advance, so pick any date in 2024 and start looking forward to your next adventure (or two).
To follow what’s happening at camp, make sure to check out our Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest or Threads feeds. If you’re looking for more local ideas, check out the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed or the InnSide Nevada City blog. See you at the campground!