What are your spring camping resolutions? The flowers are out and Mother Nature keeps tempting us with the promise of warmer days. In the mean time, there are a lot of great reasons to think about going camping!
It’s been great to see folks joining the outdoor movie screenings, using the BBQs, glamping, hanging out in their Airstreams or dusting off the tents and enjoying the spring temperatures.
If you’re looking for some fun spring activities to do in Nevada City, mark your calendars for the following…
- Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railbus, Saturdays, starting April 29th
- TDS Enduro Mountain Bike Race (April 29th and 30th)
- Glamping Yoga Retreat Sold Out (May 5th-7th)
- Nevada City Dirt Classic (May 7th and May 20th)
- Nevada City First Friday Art Walk (May 5th, June 2nd, July 7th and August 4th)
- Nevada City Craft Fair (May 5th)
- Buttermilk Bend Wildflowers Hike (weekends till mid-May)
- Spring flowers at Empire Mine State Park
- Grass Valley Car Show (May 6th)
- Strawberry Music Festival (May 25th-29th)
- Bear Yuba Land Trust Fireside Chats (May 17th)
Check back for more details about our upcoming Fireside Chats series. The Chats begin May 17 with our friends and community partners, Bear Yuba Land Trust and Folk Trails Hiking Club. Learn about the 52 Hike Challenge, Backpacking Basics, Campfire Cooking and more! The first chat is scheduled for May 17th, we’ll share more information on how to be a part of this fun event soon.
We’re also excited about hosting The Yoga Dive’s Glamping Yoga retreat weekend next month. Co-owner Laura Brownell says she’s excited to be a part of “an amazing weekend for awesome ladies to hang out, connect, do yoga, eat yummy food, and drink yummy wine.” If you missed a spot in the sold out May event, click here for details on their fall retreat.
In case you missed our March post, we re-opened the Glamping tents for the 2017 season! We’ve been having a lot of fun sharing photos of the tents and their new floors. To see the updates, check out the Inn Town Campground Glamping Tent Gallery for more photos.
We know you’re all interested in knowing when the pool will be finished. We’re happy to say that the weather has improved and construction progress is moving along. The equipment is in and the pool now has a fence! There are only a few final inspections and steps to go before we fill it with water and let the sun start warming it up. We hope to have the pool up and ready by Memorial Day weekend.
Finally, many thanks again to Sunset Magazine for including the Inn Town Campground in their May camping issue, we made the list of 31 Camps to visit in the US! And check out the online article about the top 55 Campgrounds in California, Hawaii and Mexico.